Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Discussions - Object Oriented CSS | Google Groups

OOCSS video available 
  Hi Guys, Just wanted to let you know the video from Web Directions North about OOCSS has been published over at yahoo developer network. [link] Cheers, Nicole
By Stubbornella  - Mar 24 - 1 message -    

w3c beta site live, uses OOCSS 
  The w3c beta website launched! It uses hybrid-OOCSS. I was very lucky to be able to contribute to the scalability and performance of the front-end. They are seeking feedback and testers. More info at [link] Cheers, Nicole
By Stubbornella  - Mar 21 - 1 message -    

Standard module format CSS 
  Where can I find the css for the standar module format? Thanks
By byqsri  - Mar 19 - 2 messages -    

Designers weighing in on Object Oriented CSS 
  Hi All, I've been pimping OOCSS at SXSW in Texas this week. :) I fly back to California today. It was great to meet some of you while I was here. Just a warning, I'm *way* behind on email (both to me and to the group)... time to start catching up. Smashing magazine has launched a poll on OOCSS. I'm really excited,... more »
By Stubbornella  - Mar 19 - 2 messages -    

the AG test, sensible defaults, and vertical rhythm 
  Hi again Nicole - If the default line-height is 16px, why are most styled elements in content.css given 5, 10, or 20 pixel padding? It seems to break the vertical rhythm of the page, so that different columns of text don't share a common baseline. This is visible, for example, in the AG test that's included with the current download.... more »
By jaredhir...@yahoo.com  - Mar 19 - 3 messages -    

OOCSS testing 
  Hi, I am a front end developer in USA and will love to be part of OOCSS. I will like to help in testing and discussion. Regards, Vinod
By vinod  - Mar 16 - 2 messages -    

Something Good 
  Hi Stubbornella, After looking at the slide show, I think you are on to something really good here. It will be interesting to see how it develops. I have some questions about how best to use the templates and grids in a fixed width setting. I know if I just assign a fixed width to "page" everything under page... more »
By Greg Fuller  - Mar 13 - 4 messages -    

avoiding the cascade 
  Hi - I'm primarily a php programmer, but I've got love for the front end. When I'm writing PHP or other object-oriented code, rather than reuse code implicitly (by "inheriting" from another class), I prefer to be explicit, by actually feeding one object to another ("composition over inheritance," a pretty basic OOP rule of style). Avoiding inheritance... more »
By jared  - Mar 12 - 3 messages -    

Templates 
  I'm a Programmer that is obsessed with OOP, I separate dang near everything that I have into a new framework. It doesn't matter if it's a different motivation behind the same idea, or a different name for my functions. I swear, I've been addicted since I began. I got a wiff of OOCSS I've decided to dedicate a portion of time to... more »
By Jon  - Mar 11 - 4 messages -    

can main be moved before left & right cols? 
  Hi All, I have adjusted the template trying to get main above the cols in mark up and between the cols example <div id="bd"> <div class="main"> <h2>Main Content</h2> <p>but remian inbetween lef and right not above</p> </div> <div class="leftCol"> <h2>Left Column</h2>... more »
By sams  - Mar 10 - 8 messages -    

Posted via web from jhlagado's posterous

No comments: