Monday, April 21, 2008

lighttpd fly light

lighttpd fly light: "Security, speed, compliance, and flexibility -- all of these describe lighttpd (pron. lighty) which is rapidly redefining efficiency of a webserver; as it is designed and optimized for high performance environments. With a small memory footprint compared to other web-servers, effective management of the cpu-load, and advanced feature set (FastCGI, SCGI, Auth, Output-Compression, URL-Rewriting and many more) lighttpd is the perfect solution for every server that is suffering load problems. And best of all it's Open Source licensed under the revised BSD license.

lighttpd powers several popular Web 2.0 sites like YouTube, wikipedia and meebo. Its high speed io-infrastructure allows them to scale several times better with the same hardware than with alternative web-servers."

The showdown: apache vs. lighttpd - I’m Mike: "The showdown: apache vs. lighttpdBlogging, Web Development May 7th, 2007 - 5,026 viewsIs lighttpd faster than Apache? Can Wordpress handle high traffic websites? Rumors spread like wildfire on the web, and sometimes it’s hard to separate the truth from evangelism and clever marketing. Today I’m going to put Wordpress to the test, running under Apache and lighttpd, and see if a clear winner emerges.To find out more about how I came up with these numbers, check out my post explaining how to measure your web site’s performance.For these tests I used ab, a popular benchmarking tool distributed as part of the Apache project. I ran each test multiple times, varying the number of concurrent connections. The results below show the maximum number of requests per second each server could handle with a default installation, with APC installed, and with WP-Cache enabled."

No comments: